Saturday 25 October 2014

#105

We will all find what we are looking for to substantiate our beliefs

This thought just came to me today, as I was pinning some quotes on Pinterest. Obviously, I pin quotes that resonates with ME. The pins that I choose appeal to me because of my history, my story. Other pinterest people select quotes from my boards, I assume because the quote also resonates with them.

Although some people are pinning my quotes, there are others that are not. They either are not interested in quotes or simply not the ones I choose. 

Everyone is on a different path, we are each going our own way. We have all come from different places, our experiences vary extensively. No one is lost or left behind, they are all going at their own speed. No matter what belief system you have established, you will only see what you want to see to substantiate those beliefs; the rest have no meaning for you.

Therefore we may not be aware of the message the quote has to offer yet or we've grown beyond it. Sometimes you find something so profound, and it means absolutely nothing to your best friend. We will all find what we need when we need it. 

Something that resonated with you last year or even last week, may not have the same appeal today. If you are working on your 'stuff' your attitudes and beliefs will change accordingly and so will your choices.

Wherever you are on your journey, something or someone will be placed in your path to help you reach the next step. It may be a new person entering the scene that will help show you the way, or a book or perhaps a quote on pinterest that will make it's way to this blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment