Thursday 24 November 2016


#561 - Faced with inevitable change....


I am looking at change, in this case, as any type of movement. Formerly, if I felt stuck in any process that was not moving forward, for example: if I thought what I was doing was the right thing to do, or I felt something was my responsibility, I would fight until my spirit was weary, before I would finally give it up to the universe and try to let it go.

I don't know whether this was stubbornness, control issues, determination or tunnel vision. I would try to make it right, even to my own determent. But at the time when you are 'in' the circumstance, you don't realize that you are fighting a losing battle. You seem to think that you are fixing things and keep right on fighting. 

After some time, after some self-awareness, you begin to learn to stop beating your head against the wall and accept the fact that things will work out more advantageously if you get out of your own way. Stop resisting 'what is', and go with the flow. 

This was a hard fought lesson for me, I was the one to get things done, to fix things, to create harmony and when I hit a brick wall, it still didn't stop me. It had always worked, or so I thought until it no longer did. I had to start to consider myself and my stress level and surrender some of the difficulties and complications. I had to stop making mountains out of molehills, making such a big deal out of every little hiccup. Eventually, if you work on it, you reach the trust level... you trust that things will work out, that nothing is that big a deal, and that you can handle it no matter what the outcome. You end up being grateful, you realize that all the hurdles were just lessons, nudges, trying to get your attention. And the lessons were to accept, surrender, and trust.  You are okay, all is well.

"Learn the alchemy true human beings know, the moment you accept what troubles you've been given the door will open." Rumi

re-print of #133

No comments:

Post a Comment