Friday 15 August 2014

I hope you have been able to create a space that you call home, one that is warm and wonderful. With pieces of you, strategically placed throughout; little mementos of your travels, your children/grandchildren and all your great memories. I am a Cancer, so I nest..... my home is my sanctuary and I am very protective of it. I do not want or allow negativity in.

There has been enough negativity in my life, and I imagine you have had the same, at some stage of yours. Whether it is your spouse, your parent, your child, a friend, boss or sibling, the responsibility is theirs for the attitude and energy that they project. You do not have to accept it.

I understand that when you have family living with you, it is a lot harder to control the energies in your space. The home is filled with activity, noise, some tension, and maybe some head-butting, arguing or teasing to accompany a few seconds of calmness. It seems there is always in a heated debate with someone when the children are younger and then with the children, themselves, when they are teens.  

I was just reflecting on this, when I read this quote and thought, "I wish I had this sign in my home, in my business and everywhere I might have been." Rather than deal with "keeping the peace" or "the customer is always right". I know when I worked in the bank,  the customers would give me an earful over some mistake, or I was getting "a piece of their mind" over some infraction. Of course, I was taught not to take it personally, in fact, we had many seminars on that very subject. But, frankly, when someone is directing their rage at you, it is hard not to.

"I was angry" is no excuse for taking your frustration out on others. If you are in a "bad mood", keep it to yourself, no one has the right to drag others down with their negative emotions or outbursts. 
Check your attitude at the door. Respect, consideration, kindness, politeness, etc. are still important, as always. Steer clear of Negative Nelly's

"You cannot expect to live a POSITIVE life if you hang with negative people.”  Joel Osteen

No comments:

Post a Comment