Sunday 7 September 2014


Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb... but how well you bounce...

I read this quote from Snoopy as: It's not about all the details, all the triumphs and defeats, it's about how you handle them. 

Life is about learning, this IS the school of hard knocks. The journey through life is rarely smooth. There are invariably some bumps along the way that trip us up. It is our reaction, when we fall, how we bounce back, that shows our growth. 


Nelson Mandela states: 
"Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again."

We could also read this quote as: Snoopy and Woodstock may  simply be displaying the happiness within, by how well they bounce. They could be saying it doesn't matter how proficient you are at running or climbing, but are you happy? Are you bouncing well?

"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I am happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?"
Charles Schultz

Snoopy and Woodstock invariably make me smile, and so does this quote from their creator. They are smiling, and bouncing.....they seem to be happy.

Everything is about your perception. When you are feeling 'something', one particular quote may strike a note with you, expressing exactly what you are feeling at the moment. After some time, if you revisit the quote, you may see something entirely different. There may be several different variations from readers on the above quote as well. We see things as we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment