Sunday, 25 May 2014






Since Sundays are synonymous with confession, here is mine.

Who am I? It occurred to me that there may be some question as to who I am or who I think I am; pontificating on life.

So here it is.... I am certainly not a professional guru, psychologist, or even a life coach. I am not a professional in this field at all, I have no credentials; in fact the only field I have been considered a professional in is floristry. This is a far cry from arranging flowers, except for the artistic connection of writing and designing.

The year 2013 was extremely challenging for me on every level, but the blessing was that I received “time.” And by far the largest challenge of my life was to learn to accept it.  

Wasting time, took on a whole new meaning for me. I don’t mean the “couch potato” kind of wasting time; I mean the obsessing, worrying, anxious, restless, stress-filled time that manifests itself into an all-encompassing fear....of what? The unknown, I assume. I now had this entirely new existence, in which I felt helpless and raw, with nowhere to channel my disillusionment. After a time of wallowing in this cesspool of uncertainty and fear, I finally accepted the gift, the time, and spent it writing my story. I wrote what had happened and conclusions drawn. This resulted in a book that is awaiting publication.

Patience has never been my strong suit, I need an outlet and this is it.

So, that is who I am. A women that has endured a challenging year, as we all have, and drawn some conclusions about the whys and wherefores of life. I am sharing them with you, because I need an outlet and hope to provide some insight.

We are all on this journey together, we are all connected; and the time comes to pay it forward, share the knowledge and wisdom that one accumulates in their journey.


“We are all just walking each other home.” Ram Dass