Sunday 25 May 2014






Since Sundays are synonymous with confession, here is mine.

Who am I? It occurred to me that there may be some question as to who I am or who I think I am; pontificating on life.

So here it is.... I am certainly not a professional guru, psychologist, or even a life coach. I am not a professional in this field at all, I have no credentials; in fact the only field I have been considered a professional in is floristry. This is a far cry from arranging flowers, except for the artistic connection of writing and designing.

The year 2013 was extremely challenging for me on every level, but the blessing was that I received “time.” And by far the largest challenge of my life was to learn to accept it.  

Wasting time, took on a whole new meaning for me. I don’t mean the “couch potato” kind of wasting time; I mean the obsessing, worrying, anxious, restless, stress-filled time that manifests itself into an all-encompassing fear....of what? The unknown, I assume. I now had this entirely new existence, in which I felt helpless and raw, with nowhere to channel my disillusionment. After a time of wallowing in this cesspool of uncertainty and fear, I finally accepted the gift, the time, and spent it writing my story. I wrote what had happened and conclusions drawn. This resulted in a book that is awaiting publication.

Patience has never been my strong suit, I need an outlet and this is it.

So, that is who I am. A women that has endured a challenging year, as we all have, and drawn some conclusions about the whys and wherefores of life. I am sharing them with you, because I need an outlet and hope to provide some insight.

We are all on this journey together, we are all connected; and the time comes to pay it forward, share the knowledge and wisdom that one accumulates in their journey.


“We are all just walking each other home.” Ram Dass

No comments:

Post a Comment