Tuesday 26 January 2016


#365


WHO, what am I? 
My answer: 
I am the sum total of all I have been, seen, and done... everything that went before me, and of everything done to me. 
I am everyone/everything whose being in the world affected/was affected by mine. I am anything that happens after I've gone which would not have happened if I had not come. Nor am I particularly exceptional in this matter, each "I" contains a similar multitude. I repeat for the last time.... to understand me you'll have to swallow a world.
Salman Rushdie

There is nothing simple about a human, all the varied experiences, highs and lows that one goes through in a lifetime make us all unique. How we look, how we act and react and the different stages and ages we accumulate. All of this is stored in our nervous systems, and stimulates our reactions. (The nervous system is the organ system responsible for producing, controlling and guiding our acts, thoughts and responses to the world around us..UTexas.edu)  I am who I am because of where I've been. 

So you are an accumulation of all you have experienced and a complex individual with an assortment of quirks and maybe a few hang ups. You want to take a look at any emotional issues before they manifest into physical symptoms. To do this, take some time for yourself, for meditation or walking/jogging in the forest or beach, doing something or going somewhere that allows you to focus solely on YOU. 

If you require more in-depth work, I highly recommend sandydow.com, The Dow Effect, with 'revolutionary results where science and soul intersect' if your nervous system is vulnerable and you are ready to find a kind and compassionate facilitator to wellness.

No comments:

Post a Comment