Thursday 22 October 2015


#328

Bringing mindfulness into my day is easy. All I have to do is watch myself breathe in and breathe out. To be present in what I do. To taste and savour when I eat, to see what I look at and to hear the noises that surround me. All I need to do is to let go. To release everything that is not me, so I am one with the moment.


Mindfulness is simply being aware of what is happening right now without wishing it were different. 
Enjoying the pleasant without holding on when it changes. (which it will)
Being with the unpleasant without fearing it will always be this way. (which it won't) James Baraz

Mindfulness is a state of active, open attention on the present. When you're mindful, you observe your thoughts and feelings from a distance, without judging them good or bad. Instead of letting your life pass you by, mindfulness means living in the moment and awakening to experience. www.psychologytoday.com

Being mindful is allowing life to be as it is, not something to change or control. It will help you to see clearly the difference between what is actually happening and the stories you tell yourself. Rather than beating something into submission, it enables you to be more accommodating. 

"Mindfulness is paying attention to the present moment with intention while letting go of judgement as if your life depends on it." 
Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn

If you are not fully in the present moment you miss everything. 


No comments:

Post a Comment