Saturday 14 June 2014

Let it be!   Let it be!  Let it be!  Let it be!  Let it be!  Let it be!  Let it be!


To continue the Beatles' profound lyrics..... 

Let it be, I think that this has been the hardest lesson of all for me. I found that being on my own, really brought out the control freak in me. You have to set priorities, get things done, because there is no one else to fall back on. So trying to control the outcome of any situation became the a natural response for me. 

Well, control is an illusion. You cannot control anything. Learning to go with the flow, live life and let it be was very difficult for me. To let things happen as they will, rather than being up front and center with instructions for everything and everyone was a major learning curve. I didn't realize that I was trying to run the universe, but I definitely was. My work fed this demon nicely, because I was the boss and the instructor, so it was expected that I run everything, but I handled life with the same attitude. 

If things did not happen when I felt they should, I would jump in and start pushing buttons to get things moving. It was exhausting. I felt I had to take control of things, because I had to be responsible for keeping my life on track. I was harassing life to proceed on my schedule, my way, and with the desired results.

I now know that I was internally driven because I felt that I had to make things happen to survive. It was "if I don't do it, who will?" This is fear, it will get you nowhere.

Life has it's own rhythm, things happen when they happen. You can't speed them up and you can't dictate how they turn out. So you might just as well, sit back, relax and enjoy. In this particular area, you are not in charge.You need to just let it be. Things will work out as they are meant to. Have you noticed that they always do? Sometimes it is not exactly as you would have expected, but it's always in your best interest. 

I have found that even when things appear to go from bad to worse, in retrospect it was precisely what I needed. You are always right where you need to be. 

So my message has been, quit trying to run the entire show, slow down, pay attention and get out of my own way. If you take anything from this blog today, let it be to trust yourself, trust the universe and allow life to unfold as it should. You deserve everything the universe has to offer and if you allow it to happen, it will.

















No comments:

Post a Comment