Wednesday 20 May 2015


 #229


You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.

People stumble and fall, things don't work out as planned, go awry, and you feel as though you are drowning. As the quote states, you don't drown by falling in the water, but by staying there. 

What you need to do is to pick yourself up again, once you fall. That's it, you will fall, but don't stay down. Give yourself a little time to sort things out, and then get up. You are now free to start again. You cannot let the fall define you. It is just a moment in time. Everyone has fallen at some time and what defines you is how you get back up. Don't beat yourself up or put yourself down. These things happen. There is a lesson to be learned and you will be stronger and wiser because of it.

"You can never hope to pick yourself up if you're always bringing yourself down." Alexa Michalec

Be kind to yourself, every time you fall is another lesson. This is your journey, there will be ups and downs, but it will all be worth it in the end.

“I was set free because my greatest fear had been realized, and I still had a daughter who I adored, and I had an old typewriter and a big idea. And so rock bottom became a solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.” – J.K. Rowling






No comments:

Post a Comment